Derived from the wood of the Japanese hinoki tree, Hinoki essential oil offers a myriad of benefits and uses. When diffused, Hinoki’s fresh, woody, and balsamic aroma provides a relaxing environment. It soothes the skin and is frequently used in personal care products and in perfumes for its fresh and airy scent.
- Diffuse or apply topically on the feet, back, and chest prior to bedtime.
- Add two to three drops to your bathwater.
- Add four to five drops to your hardwood floor cleaner.
- Rub two drops into your palms and inhale deeply.
- Add to your skincare routine.
In Japan, the oil is frequently used in baths for relaxation and the tree itself has historical significance. The wood has been used for centuries to build shrines and temples and is still used today in the timber industry. The Hinoki tree has been over-populating in several areas of Japan and through our sourcing program, Hinoki is not only helping to create jobs in rural Japan, but its harvesting is also contributing to Japan’s forest management programs. dōTERRA utilises by-product from the timber industry and culled trees, ensuring that no part of these prized trees goes to waste. This unique, premium oil continues to give back to the people of its native land.